I need to inject this blog with a heavy dose of Vs. System today. Clicking on the 13 card names will explain, if you are completely lost. They will also provide hilarious historical entertainment if you are a member of our kitchen table cardflipping community. I went into the Archives and started with my oldest articles, working my way forward. I found some rather obscure little dudes, alongside a few very famous weenies. I didn’t even get close to 2008, due to my excessive love for our darling mythological superhero squirrels. Enjoy.
1. Wild Sentinel. The shiny purple toy that started it all.
2. GCPD Officer. The only cops I am glad to see in my rear view mirror. They made Big Spooky’s dreams come true. Check out the shirt he is wearing. I painted that.
3. Gole. Okay, so he is not really an army character. I just love the memories. Screaming “Gole!!!” like a soccer announcer? Pricless.
4. Parademons. No trip down memory lane would be complete without a re-calculation of the Anti-Life Equation.
5. Soldiers of New Genesis. Micheal Jacob himself worked with me on the Blue Abuse deck, but I was too stubborn to actually run it.
6. Anti-Green Lantern. Seeing my wonky way of using these guys, compared to the Tier One deck that they evolved into, is a true headscratcher.
7. Macrobots. They do cost 2, but they still turn my brain blue.
8. Manhunter Protector. Kamiza’ Kingdom deserves the same free pass.
9. Weenie. Hot dog cheats for the win.
10. Creeping Doom. It’s in there, I promise.
11. Illusionary Warriors. Jank origins indeed. I remember this Release Celebration like it was yesterday.
12. Starlings. Yes. Seriously. I wrote an article, and started a playtesting team, all revolving around Starlings. You must check this out.
13. Multiple Man <> Jamie Madrox. I did jump ahead quite a few columns to showcase this one at the end. Usually it is really difficult to pick my own Best of the Year articles for the holiday Greatest Hits week. This was a no brainer.
That’s my Thirteen this week. Thanks for bearing with me if you had no idea what I was talking about. Now make a list of stuff you are obsessed with and link it to: www.thursdaythirteen.com. We will all be enriched.