You’ve heard me ramble quite often about the Chaos Magician trip. One of the main ways it pops up in our life? Random delayed exposure. In this case, I finally picked up a copy of a comic book called “The Marvel Tarot”. It’s a beautiful thing. Deep, chewy arcane knowledge combined with superhero mythological pop goodness? I doesn’t get any better than that. Topaz as Temperance? Yes please. Does anybody know if Storm’s latent High Priestess powers have manifested yet?
The book has been in circulation since Summer Solstice 2007, a full nine months ago. The time was finally right last night. As always, it was perfect timing. The great work is entering a new phase for us, and this was a sign.
I wrote a Thursday Thirteen explaining the basics of Tarot back in December. Today I am going to put forth a set of magick goalposts for the next step in our ritualistic lifestyle.
1. Embrace the dazzling vigor of electrical existence, and cast off the gremlins of comfortable numbness.
2. Feel each cell in the current body, as it throbs and thrives.
3. Share the glow with everyone on Earth, directly through the sky.
4. Stop settling for less just because it is routine.
5. Focus on the HIGHEST common denominator.
6. Feel everything fully, instead of thinking about it possessively.
7. More punk rock.
8. Balance all four corners.
9. Unfocus the eyes, and see with the heart.
10. Follow the little tickle that is only found inside a living human brain.
11. Realize that the tickle is available every moment between birth and death.
12. Get it down, and display it for others.
13. Don’t stop for anything.
There you go. A new set of flexible rules in our house. Make a list of yours, and link them to: www.thursdaythirteen.com The magick is always ready to return, you only need to ask.