(Magneto gets inspirational, by Adam Kubert and Mark Irwin)
Hello friends, and welcome to the Spring Break edition of the Full Body Transplant Thursday Thirteen! I have to get back to my week of cavorting, so this one is going to be a bit different.
I got this email yesterday. The subject line simply said ‘Thanks.’ I am going to chop it into 13 parts and share it with you.
1. “Although this is not the first of this kind of message I’ve typed up to send you, they remain important to me, regardless…”
2. “… because the revelations they signify are something that I need to express my gratitude for.”
3. “Rian, you’ve been an immense source of inspiration…”
4. “… both in this silly trading card game that binds and brings us all together…
5. “… and as a person too.”
6. “It’s that kind of unflinching dedication and experience that you have…”
7. “… and openly share…”
8. “… that made me realize that we are creatures of unlimited potential.”
9. “That as long as we try…”
10. “… there’s nothing stopping us from changing the world.”
11. “Although not nearly enough, I’d like to thank you as sincerely and as I humanly can…”
12. “… for talking to me on occasion…”
13. “… and for being the extraordinary person you are. ”
I was touched by that letter, and it filled me with a sense of accomplishment. It was from someone I have never met in person. Someone nearly 30 years younger than I am, who will live on to enhance this world long after I am gone. I don’t really set goals in my life, but if I did… a lot of them would have been confirmed by that letter. The best part? It inspired me to write a similar letter of my own and send it to someone who has inspired me.
Happy Thursday, everyone. Now back to my Spring Break!