(Internet Love by tipsyfairy.)
Hello friends. I have a favor to ask today. I have been given the opportunity to design a Continuing Education course for Broward College. If it gets approved, I will be teaching adults how to maximize their presence on the internet. Help me make sure I have all the bases covered. Is there anything you would add to this list? Do you know of any really good sources for general computer skill summaries? Thanks for any help you can provide, this is what I want to teach:
1. Web Design. Creating your own little corner of the internet is easier and more beautiful than ever, thanks to amazing free software such as WordPress.
2. Blogging. No matter what your particular life is full of, you can share it with the rest of the world quite easily.
3. Message Boards. Whatever hobby or subject you are interested in becoming a bigger part of, you can find an active group discussion revolving around it.
4. Email. Whenever you need to get in direct contact with a single individual or corporate entity, the access points are readily available.
5. Ebay. Or Amazon, or any other way to hook up with buyers.
6. YouTube. Making videos and slideshows, then broadcasting far and wide.
7. Facebook. And any other social networking site that allows massive connections.
8. MySpace Music. Is there a better place to get your own original stuff heard?
9. Wikipedia. Reading an encyclopedia has never been easier, and now you can write part of it yourself!
10. Being part of the political process. Whether Redstate or Daily Kos, your voice can be a force in the party of your choice.
11. Google ads. Making money just from being popular is a very intriguing idea.
12. DeviantArt. The glory of a worldwide gallery, complete with communal critique.
13. Simply surfing. The one thing that the internet truly excels at. Connecting the dots from interested individual straight to source.