Wow. It has been six entire months since I did a Thursday Thirteen. We are back in the saddle again. With a vengeance!
One of my favorite things to do on the interwebs is a secret I will share with you today. Go to www.deviantart.com and search for “marvel masterpieces sketch”. You will find hours of wicked visual bliss, I promise. Today my TT gives a little taste.
That first set of hand-drawn cards that were inserted randomly into the packs is from anjinanhut. Let’s count down the characters starting with that first set of nine and showcase their myths with a corresponding Vs. System card, shall we?
1. Shuma-Gorath. Everyone’s favorite pink tentacled Chaos Dimension special move busting giant alien from Marvel vs. Capcom!
2. Doop. My students said they heard him called The Big Green Potato on television. For shame. All the X-Statix DEMAND RESPECT. Especially when they are morphing into Wolverine. Thank you.
3. X-23. Sounds like a spray lubricant. Does she free up rusty bolts?
4. Doop again. No wonder I love this set of drawings so much. Who is he transforming into this time?
5. Whirlwind. Featured on the most beautiful Dave Devries painting in all of Vs. System. Sorry, Chaos Magic, but I love this one with all my heart.
6. Doop for a third time. Steve Rogers, eat your big green potatoed heart out.
7. Constrictor? Sorry, no Vs. System card for you.
8. Fourth Doop, this time Squinty.
9. Deadpool. The man (zombie) who wears Squirrel Girl underoos. Really, he does.
That completes the first round, here goes the final four.
10. Sentinel Mark IV. You didn’t think I would get throught this list without at least one blast of shiny purple, did you? It is my blood type, after all. That one was painted by gravyboy.
And then there were three.
11. Mysterio. Fresh from the twisted sick inkwell of Narcomics. Gotta love a dude with a fishbowl on his head, even if he doesn’t have any real superpowers. This is all an illusion anyway.
12. Thanos. The glove, the purple face, the utter purity of devotion to death.
It doesn’t get any better than that. Unless I can find…
13. Squirrel Girl! You thought I would say Mulletman? Sorry, I am nuts for the bushy tailed tree rodents and Doreen Green is the most powerful superhero the world has ever seen.
Thanks for visiting my return to the land of Thursday Thirteen, your eyes will recover from Wicked Visual Bliss Overload in a matter of minutes. Maybe.